BUSINESS POLICY FOR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
The Management of Scamosceria Astico Srl recognizes the UNIC Code of Conduct as a strategic objective to ensure compliance with the requirements outlined in the sectoral National Collective Labour Agreement (CCNL) and the proper management and improvement of Corporate Social Responsibility principles. Therefore, it deems the establishment of a company policy aimed at the quality of internal processes in line with what is specified in the UNIC Code of Conduct as essential. This policy serves as a fundamental driver for all personnel and forms the basis for the consolidation and development within the scope of Corporate Social Responsibility.
To achieve this objective, the Management appoints GIULIA MARZOLI as the Director responsible for matters related to the Code of Conduct, granting her the responsibility to manage and coordinate internal and external activities and communications concerning the UNIC Code of Conduct, which include:
- Child labor
- Forced labor
- Association and bargaining
- Health and safety
- Working hours
- Human resource development
- Community and category involvement and development
The Management commits to implementing, managing, monitoring, and improving all aspects contained in this document. The Management is vested with the authority to take timely and appropriate measures to achieve and maintain the certification of the UNIC Code of Conduct by ICEC, the certification body for the leather industry. To attain this significant objective, the Management allocates the necessary resources to ensure:
- Maximum attention to the needs of employees and collaborators
- Employee engagement, motivation, and satisfaction
- Production in accordance with safety and environmental standards
- Continuous improvement of performance in areas relevant to the Code of Conduct
To this end, the Management has defined strategies, methods, and dedicated resources. Therefore, the General Management intends to:
- Promote a “culture of responsible business management” throughout the company
- Acknowledge the central role of employees and the entire supply chain in the company’s improvement strategies and processes
- Seek optimization of business processes to achieve a high level of effectiveness and efficiency in safety and environmental management
- Improve internal organization by defining workflows, responsibilities, and authorities
- Comply with applicable regulations, contractual agreements, and labor statutes
To materialize the aforementioned, the Management aims for continuous improvement of company processes by constantly assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures taken to meet the Code’s requirements. IMPROVEMENT means:
- Identifying employee needs, embracing them with a focus on concrete sustainability, and managing activities in line with them.
- Informing the supply chain about the principles contained in the Code adopted by SCAMOSCERIA ASTICO, disseminating them, and working towards broad consensus.
- Defining and implementing operational methods to minimize risks related to worker safety and environmental pollution.
- Allowing all staff to raise complaints and concerns regarding the Code of Conduct, with the responsibility for their collection assigned to the Code of Conduct Manager.
The Manual for the Implementation of the UNIC Code of Conduct is the internal tool for enhancing the organization of the Company, documenting progress, and establishing the rules of good conduct that everyone is obligated to follow. Achieving the assigned improvement objectives requires the commitment of all levels within the organization to activate and maintain the System itself.
The Management takes responsibility for:
- Playing an active role in compliance with the requirements.
- Periodically reviewing the Management System to ensure its ongoing effectiveness, identifying actions for improvement.
- Defining reasonable, specific, and achievable improvement objectives.
- Demanding the maximum commitment from all collaborators for the continuous and long-term adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the UNIC Code of Conduct.